If you are about to start playing for real money at live casino malaysia, it is very important that you familiarize yourself with the winning possibilities each game provides. This is especially relevant for roulette – a game where each bet has a specific mathematical probability of winning. Of course, those roulette odds are affected by the type of roulette you are playing and the additional rules that apply to it.
Roulette probability and outside bet payouts
People who like to play safe prefer to bet outside bets because they have a better chance of winning. The most popular of these are known as ‘equal bets’ because they cover almost half of the possible outcomes – with the exception of the number zero (and double zero in American roulette). All the same bets in roulette are: red or black, odd or even, 1-18 or 19-36.
All these bets have a chance of winning close to 50%. To be precise, ‘even bets’ have a 48.65% chance of winning on European roulette, and 47.37% on American roulette. Due to the high probability in roulette with these bets, the payout for them is 1: 1.
The other outside bets are column and dozen, which cover 12 numbers on the table. This is about a third of all possible outcomes, slightly less due to the zero and double zero boxes. You can bet on the first, second, third dozen of the numbers (1-12, 13-24, 25-36), or on the first, second or third column. The odds of winning for these bets is 32.43% in European roulette and 31.58% in the American version. Consecutively, this bet will bring you more profit – the payout for the column and the dozen is 2: 1.
Roulette odds and payouts for inside bets
Inside bets include bets on a single number, or on a small group of numbers. There are several ways to group your numbers, but they are all related to the position of the numbers on the table. As we’ve already mentioned, inside bets have significantly lower roulette odds to win than outside bets, but their payouts are much better.
- Full is bet on a specific number, and is also called a single number bet. Naturally, this bet has the lowest winning probability and the highest payout – 35: 1. The chance that the ball lands on the specific box is 2.70% in the European, and 2.63% in the American.
- Horse means betting on two numbers out of the 37 available, but with one condition – the numbers you choose must be neighbors on the table. The payout for this bet is 17: 1, and the odds of winning that are 5.41% for European roulette, and 5.26% for American.
- Cross (Street) is a three-number bet, where players bet on a row of numbers – for example, 4, 5 and 6, or 19, 20 and 21. The probability of winning with this bet is 8.11% on European, and 7.89% in the American. The payout of the win is 11: 1.
- Box (Corner) means betting on four numbers that form a square on the table, like 1, 2, 4 and 5, for example. This bet pays 8: 1 and the chances of this happening are 10.81% in European roulette, and 10.53% in American.
- Six is just what it sounds like – you bet on six numbers positioned in two adjacent rows. The payout is 5: 1, and the odds of winning are 16.22% and 15.79% in the European and American, respectively.
- Canasta is a five-number bet and is available only in American roulette, and allows players to bet on zero, double zero, 1, 2, and 3. The probability of winning is 13.16%, and the payout – 6 :one.
Advertised bet odds and payouts
Also known as advanced bets, these bets are a bit different from the ones we have explained above. Advertised bets are exclusive to European and French roulettes, and the numbers on them are combined according to their positions on the wheel – not on the table. There are two types – fixed and variable posted bets. Let’s take a look at the fixed ones first.
- Neighbors of Zero is a bet that covers 17 numbers on the wheel, all of which are close to the green zero. You have to place at least 9 chips to cover all those numbers, and the odds to win are 45.9%. The payout is not fixed and can go up to 24: 1, depending on the winning number. This bet is also known as ‘the great series’.
- Third of the wheel is the bet with the 12 numbers located right in front of the Neighbors of Zero. The probability in roulette here is 32.4%, and the payout is set at 17: 1. This bet is quite similar to the Dozen and Column bets, at least in terms of odds and payout.
- Zero Game is a smaller version of Zero’s Neighbors, covering only 7 numbers near the green zero box. The odds of winning this bet are 18.9%, and the payout is 26: 1.
- Orphans is a bet that covers the numbers that we have not mentioned so far in the announced bets. The chance of winning here is 21.6%, and the payout can be 17: 1 or 35: 1.
Those were the advertised fixed calls. The variable rate includes “the neighbors”, where the player places their bets on 5 neighboring numbers – the odds of winning are 13.5%. The other variable bet is known as “Finals” where a player bets on the last digit. Depending on the numbers, the probability can vary between 8.1% and 10.8%.